TAIE Annual Conference
The 2018 TAIE Annual Conference will be held March 8-9, 2018, at Ezell Center - Lipscomb University, in Nashville.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
Lipscomb University – Nashville, TN
Thursday, March 8, 2018
· 7:30am-12:00pm Registration
· 7:30am-8:00pm Light Breakfast
· 8:00am-6:00pm - F-1 Intermediate Workshop
· 5:30pm-7:30pm: Reception - Black Abby Brewing
Friday, March 9, 2018
· 8:00am: Registration
· 8:30am-9:30am: Breakfast
· 9:00am-9:55am: Session Block #1
Work permission programs under F and J statuses
Government Agency Alphabet Soup
· 10:00am-10:55am: Session Block #2
Freedom to Reshape: Immigration in the Age of Trump
Advisor Blind Spot: Failure to educate/equip students for tax compliance is risky business.
· 11:00am-11:30am: Study Tennessee Meeting
· 11:30am-12:40pm: Lunch and State Meeting
· 12:45pm-1:40pm: Session Block #3
Short-term Program, Long term effect: LGBTQ Short-Term Programs Abroad
SEVP Update - Heather Young - SEVP Field Representative
· 1:45pm-2:40pm: Session Block #4
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs: A roadmap to prioritizing support services for international students.
Best Practices for Working with Agents and Breaking Myths
· 2:40pm-3:00pm: Coffee Break
· 3:00pm-3:55pm: Session Block #5
"Have you 'Anchored Down?'": Supporting First-Year Undergraduate International Students at Vanderbilt through Individual Advising and Coaching
Study Tennessee Meeting: Study Tennessee will continue its momentum with a meeting and updates presented by the leadership team.
Click for the TAIE Annual Conference Registration Form
- Early Registration deadline was Friday, February 9, 2018.
- Walk-in Registration: 7:30am-12pm 3/8/2108 & 8:00am 3/9/2018
- Ezell Center near room 301 & 363
Send your Conference Registration Form and payment (checks can made payable to "TAIE" or payment can be submitted online above) to:
PMB 401568, 2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Ph: (615) 875-8870
*Online payment option also included on the registration form. Please also be sure to send in the conference registration form if you submit an online payment.
Pre-Conference Workshops: TAIE will offer two concurrent pre-conference workshops this year: F-1 Advising: Intermediate and F-1 Advising: Secondary Schools.
Suggested Hotel Accommodations:
Hampton Inn & Suites - Green Hills
2324 Crestmoor Road, Nashville, TN 37215
∙ Ask for the Lipscomb Rate
∙ To book call (615) 777-0001
∙ Visit online: Hampton Inn & Suites
Scarritt Bennett Center
1027 18th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37212
∙ To book call (615) 340-7500
∙ Visit online: Scarritt Bennett Center
2019 TAIE Conference - at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Thursday, March 21st & Friday, March 22nd at