After several months of hard work, our Study Tennessee website is now LIVE!
We have over 20 Member Institutions – an astounding number of Founding Members in our first membership drive. Our goal is to have ALL Tennessee institutions and programs proudly represented in Study Tennessee membership. The Membership Registration is available at this link: http://www.taie-tn.org/studytennessee/
We also have two Affiliate Members, and we’re looking for more. Any organization that offers products, support, and/or services to international students (and international educators!) are welcome to register as Affiliate Members, at this link: http://www.taie-tn.org/studytennessee/ If you have contacts who you believe would be good affiliate members, please do share that information with them.
Spreading the Word on Study Tennessee:
- Kristin Labs and Erin Hillis have proposed a session about using State Consortia to recruit international students for the NAFSA bi-regional conference this fall.
- We are considering partnering with another StudyState organization to share a booth at the NAFSA Annual Conference and Expo in Los Angeles, 2017.
- Study Tennessee is now listed under U.S. International Education Consortia link on the Department of Commerce’s site.
- We are about to begin producing brochures to send to Education USA offices around the world.
- Our board members will begin scouting recruiting opportunities, including fairs, conferences, and virtual fairs. If you have any leads, let us know!
About the Study Tennessee Site:
- We will begin working on a searchable filter this Fall, so students can easily find their perfect Tennessee program by type, size, major, location, etc.
- Coming Soon: translation feature for the Study Tennessee site. We will offer translation into: Spanish, French, Korean, Mandarin, Arabic, and Hindi.
- “Your Tennessee Home!” is a monthly blog that we are producing. This can feature just about ANYTHING – Has one of your star students done something spectacular? Or, does your institution have some remarkable, international news? We want to hear about it! Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may feature your story on the blog.
Comments? Kudos? Suggestions? Just let us know!